Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Takin 'er eazzzy...

We arrived in Jensen Beach, FL on Monday. We are visiting with Bob's mom Boni and her husband Woodie. They treated us to a seafood dinner and then last night Boni made Shrimp Scampi and we enjoyed some great wine and wonderful conversation. It's very relaxing here and we've been taking advantage of laying around and catching up on reading. Mostly about northern CA and the wine country. I've got my "studio" in the car and have been pulling orders for Sissy Made It customers.

We are nomads for the time being - kind of nice, actually! There's definitely something to be said for simple living. I just hope that we don't get too used to all the free time we have at the moment. There's a lot of long days and hard work in front of us!!

Currently, the pics we are posting are being taken with my Canon Rebel - a real camera that uses real film - remember that stuff? I love not knowing what the pics are going to look like till they are developed, but concede that the time and money it takes for that to happen is inconvenient. What's great these days is that you don't have to get prints - everything comes on a cd, already organized and doesn't eat up the space on your hard drive!! Of course, I'm going to have to switch over to taking digital photos if I'm going to keep this blog timely and interesting. Now I just need to figure out how to keep the batteries for the digital camera charged...it's always something, right?

Our visit with Boni and Woodie has been too short and we hope they will visit us soon! On Wednesday, we are headed to Bradenton to for a visit with my brother and his family - and Christmas in July!!

Here are a few photos for today:

The inside of the POD before we closed it. Okay, this is for Mike, Tim and Scott. I admit that it doesn't look any different than before Bob and I unloaded and reloaded it...but as Bob puts it...you can't fit 10 pounds of s%$& in a 5 pound bag!!!


We were doing a little shopping at the CVS and they had a lovely collection of shirts - Bob really liked this one, but couldn't find it in his size.


Here we are on Jensen Beach.


I love this photo - I took it before I saw what was over the hill under the umbrella. Trust me, it wasn't as glamourous as you want it to be!!!


Mo just wanted to know what we did with her couch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sissy, sounds like you are having a blast and starting out on a wonderful adventure. Our little adventure of our own, Ella Cailyn, turned one month this week and we will send you updated pictures soon. We're thinking of you and LOVE the blog! Love, Carrie and Adam